Feathers

Hello, Ann here today from the blog: AnnMakes at: http://annmakes.blogspot.com.  For my project as part of the AG Design Team I decided to take my passion for DIY a little bit further this week.  You see not only do I enjoy making handmade paper like the original Arnold Grummer Method (see video here) but I also like to print my own prints!


After going through my stash of handmade papers I pulled three of what I considered the most plainest of my sheets.  I also got my Gelli Plate (Gelatin Mono- Printing Plate) some good quality acrylic paints, a brayer, a stencil and mask set, and my enthusiasm.


I learned that when working with these types of paper it is important to work very quickly.  Another important tip is to let each print dry thoroughly before adding another layer.  I learned the hard way that my handmade paper tends to be fragile when wet.


I limited my palette to three (3) colours and some black for contrast.  I actually made prints on both sides of each paper so I ended up with six different prints.


I apologize for not having a suitable picture of all the printed sheets.  I then chose some elements from two of the prints that appealed to me and I used the third piece as the card base.  I had cut out the feathers and a background from two of the prints.  Using some Tacky glue I assembled this card.

For more information on mono-printing and all my other FREE craft ideas, please go to my blog at: http://annmakes.blogspot.com.  You can also see other pictures of this project here.

Thank you so much for stopping by today and don't forget to use this months discount code June code:  HotDis) if you wish to make any purchases at the Arnold Grummer store.

Supplies:
Arnold Grummer Paper Making Kit
Paper pulp from recycled junk mail and such from my recycling bin
Linnie Blooms "Feather" Stencil and Mask
Acrylic paints: Light Blue, Bright Orange,Yellow, Black (Michael's)
Geli Print Plate
Aleene's Tacky Glue

Comments

  1. uhhg my comment didnt post yesterday! I love it love it loooove it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty. I took a printing workshop at the VAEA conference last year. You have encouraged me to create with handmade papers now :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage