©Michele Emerson-Roberts 2015
For many years I have been happily watching two neighbor kids grow up. They played together and chased butterflies as little ones and became “best friends” in their teens. I was pleased to see the friendship turn into love and will be attending their wedding this summer. I was delighted when they asked me to create the invitations for their wedding. I had 100 invitations to make so I chose to go with purchased cardstock instead of making the card bases from handmade paper. I was able to concentrate on creating the peach butterflies and completed the 100 cards in just a few days. Follow along to create your own versions of this card, which would make a lovely birthday, get well, thanks or thinking of you card.
- Any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits
- A sunny window
- Blender, cello sponges and soft towels
- Scraps of white and peach paper (think junk mail, etc.)
- Iridescent copper flakes
- 12 x 12” white card stock
- Westcott™ personal paper cutter, scissors
- Scor-Pal™ Version 4……1/8”
- Foam tape or foam dots
- Dies: Several sizes of butterflies from CheeryLynn
- Swirl design embossing folders
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur II™ die cutting & embossing machine
- 1/8” round hole punch
- 12” of ½” sheer peach colored ribbon (for each card)
- Envelopes to fit cards (I like to use clear envelopes for my cards to share them with my postman)
- Follow the directions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create peach colored slurry with a tiny bit of iridescent copper flakes added to the slurry.
- Create enough sheets of peach heavy weight paper for the amount of butterflies you want to die cut.
- Die cut 3 sizes of the butterflies for each card.
- Cut the 12 x 12 white card stock 4 ½ x 12”.
- Score and fold at 3” and 9” creating a gate fold card.
- Emboss the front of the cards with the swirly embossing folder. (a butterfly embossing folder would have been even better!)
- Punch a hole at the center on each side of the “gate”.
- Insert the printed wedding information inside the card.
- Insert the ribbon into the two holes and tie a bow.
- Attach the 3 butterflies to the front of the card with foam tape.