Pressed Flowers for a Candle

Hi,  Ann (from http://annmakes.blogspot.com) here today to share with you my project for the Arnold Grummer Design Team and Blog.  I used the Arnold Grummer flower press to collect and press a variety of flowers growing in containers around my pool.  I love to make things and I love gardening too, so it is so much fun when I get to combine the two.  Here is the completed project:


I started with a plain candle that burns from the inside and a collection of pressed flowers I collected just two weeks earlier.  I was so pleased with how well pressed and preserved my flowers are.  The colours are so deep and vibrant.


By coating the candle with a thick layer of Deco-Page I used this as the base to grab a hold of the flowers.  I gently pressed each flower onto the candle.  I let that set for a few minutes and then I brushed on another layer of the sealer.  Once that layer was dry I applied a third and final coat of Deco-Page to make a tight seal.



The remaining flowers I am saving to use as inclusions in some handmade paper making project in the near future.



Supplies:
Candle (my stash)
Flowers (my garden)
Arnold Grummer Flower Press ** Discount June code:  HotDis **
Deco-Page sealer and glue from Deco-Arts (*thank you to Deco-Arts)

If you would like to see other similar projects please come over to my blog for some ideas.  While you are there don't forget to subscribe and also link up to follow me on social media.  

Thank you for stopping by.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage