Patriotic Angel Box
©Michele Emerson-Roberts 2015
Here in Southeastern Arizona, summer is upon us! The Independence Day celebration coming up next month is one of my favorite holidays. I love the patriotism, the flags and the feeling of pride in our country. In honor of the holiday I have created a memory box for my neighbor whose husband is deployed. It will be a great place for her to keep the many letters and photos he sends to her. Perhaps it will help ease his being away.
- Any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits
- CP large Angel mold
- A sunny window, microwave or heat gun
- Blender, cello sponges and soft towels
- Beacon ZipDry™ and QuickGrab™ Adhesive
- Scraps of white paper (think junk mail, left over cardstock scrap, etc.)
- White pearl card stock
- Dark blue cardstock
- Dies: Spellbinders Grand Ovals
- Die cut machine: Spellbinders’ Grand Calibur II
- Spool of Kreinik gold metallic #32 braided cord
- Bow Easy™, scissors
- 16 Gold stars (brads or sequins)
- 3 flat-backed red jewels
- White box approx. 9 x 11”.
- 1/8” round hole punch (if using star brads)
- Follow the directions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create white slurry.
- Cast one large Angel.
- When the casting is dry, fussy cut around the edges of the angel.
- Die cut the largest oval from the white pearl card stock.
- Die cut the dark blue oval using a smaller oval die.
- Center, layer and attached the dark
blue oval piece to the large white pearl oval piece.
Note - if using star brads, measure, mark and punch the holes for the legs of the brads.
- Insert the brags.
Note - if using star sequins, attach the sequins evenly around the white pearl oval.
- Attach the layered ovals to the front of the box with Beacon ZipDry™ adhesive.
- Attach the angel to the center of the dark blue oval with Beacon Quick Grip™ adhesive.
- Attach the gold metallic cord around the edge of both ovals with QuickGrip™ adhesive.
- Tie a bow at the top of the smaller oval.
- Use the BowEasy to tie a small bow with long tails.
- Attach the bow and the 3 red jewels at the Angel’s hands with QuickGrip™ adhesive.
- Unravel some of the metallic gold cord for hair.
- Attach it to the Angel’s head with QuickGrip™ adhesive.
God bless our troops and the USA!