Pushpin paper charms

Hi everyone!
As promised I am going to show you how easy and fun it is to take some junk mail and turn it into a brand new useful object....a pushpin, along with the Mini assortment casting mold. You might remember that I made a Charm-ing paper heart banner the last time and used the coordinating pushpins to hold it up with.

To begin with you need to make some paper pulp by "tearing up some paper and putting it into the blender with water. Run the blender for 30 seconds or less, turning the paper into pulp."


Here is a short video I made to show you the few extra steps I added to the paper casting and it was very simple to create!


By using the steps that are outlined in the trash-to-treasure-papermaking book on pp.130,131 for making a paper cast you can see how to create your own pushpins. ( There are quite a few wonderful books available and you can save 20% right now by using this code to shop with! )

Comments

  1. Wowwww.. I have a melting pot.. and I am slowly acquiring the charms.. looks like a project to try to me!! this is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how the paper changes once you dip them into the melting pot! So cool, look forward to seeing what you make!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Sandee that is wonderful. So neat. Is there anything or any medium you can't do, I think not.

      Delete
    2. You are too kind Vicki, but THANK YOU!!

      Delete
  3. Very nice. I don't have a melting pot. What do you put into the melting pot? Love the charms <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT project!! You amaze me with your talent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much Linda, that means the world to me!! :)

      Delete
  5. That is awesome.. Love the look of this its so beautiful..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage