I love paper casting using the many molds available from the Arnold Grummer website. When I created the heart paper castings a couple of weeks ago for the “Heart Potpourri Holder,” I also had several other projects in mind and cast additional hearts. (Note: I always make additional castings when I have the supplies out…..smile.) I had picked up the little wooden box and knew one of the many paper casting would be the perfect element for the top of the box. I actually had pieces of the dark red and dark green paper left from some other projects and used them for this project…… however the instruction below are to make new sheets of each as well as a new casting.
- Any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits
- Microwave , heat tool or a sunny window
- Heart casting mold
- Blender, cello sponges and soft towels
- Beacon ZipDry™ and QuickGrip™ Adhesive,
- Scraps of white, red, and dark green paper (think junk mail, etc.)
- Crumbled dried flower petals or old spices to add to the slurry for the casting.
- Dies: Spellbinders’ ™ spiral rose, CheeryLynn™ rose leaves
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur™ Machine
- Red bottle acrylic paint
- 1” foam paint brush
- 3 ¼” wood box
- Follow the instructions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create one or more of the heart castings, a sheet of red paper and a sheet of dark green paper.
- Dry the casting.
- When the sheets of paper are dry die cut the roses and the leaves. (Always save the scraps)
- Follow the instructions found with the rose die to create one large rose and two tiny buds.
- Paint the wood box with a light coat of the red acrylic paint.
- Allow paint to dry.
- Attach the heart casting to the top of the box with QuickGrip™ adhesive.
- Attach the two leaves to the back of the large rose with ZipDry™ adhesive.
- Attach the rose and two tiny buds to the top of the heart casting.
- Place a small gift, a handful of “kisses” or a love note inside the box.