©Michele Emerson-Roberts 2015
Spring is just around the corner and things are beginning to bud here in SE AZ. We are lucky to have lots of sunshine and a long growing season. Thinking ahead to the delicious fruit and vegetables that my husband Charles grows every year inspired this project. I have a perfect place for it on the dining room sideboard.
- Any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits
- Arnold Grummer Cotton Press Cherub casting mold
- Microwave, heat tool or a sunny window
- Blender, cello sponges and soft towels
- Scraps of white paper (think junk mail, etc.)
- Pastels, chalks or powered eye shadow (if you want to add a tiny bit of color) and applicator (cotton swab)
- Faux fruit candle ring
- Long steamed wine glass
- Battery operated votive candle
- Beacon QuickGrip™ Adhesive
- Follow the directions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to cast two of the Cherub molds.
- When the castings are dry use the pastels, chalks or powdered eye shadow to very lightly apply color to the casting. I chose to leave mine white.
- Place the faux fruit ring around the bottom of the wine glass.
- Use the QuickGrip™ to attach the two cherubs to the glass.
- Place the battery votive candle into the glass.
Note: I always make extras when doing paper castings so that I have them on hand when I need a fast gift. I have also created the votive candle holder with fall or holiday themes - BEAUTIFUL!