A "charm"-ing heart banner


After making my paper using the Arnold Grummer Papermill Kit following these directions I used a stencil to cut out my hearts. 2 large hearts and one smaller heart, then I used a letter stencil to cut out my letters. I hand sewed around the edges of the small heart with embroidery thread and then used my Helmar Tacky Glue to adhere the letters on front. Finished up the hearts with a faux stitch using my Micron pen.

I made LOTS of paper charms using these paper casting instructions. I also dipped my charms in Utee Melting Pot to give them a glossy hard finish. It really darkens the colors as you can see from the pictures below.

I also made a very short video of me making a paper cast using the Arnold Grummer Mini Assortment Casting Mold


 Once all my pieces were made I began laying out everything so I could see how everything would fit together. Once I was happy with the arrangement I began gluing the paper hearts together with my Helmar Tacky Glue and the charms were adhered together with Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots because of the uneven surface on the backside of the charms, running a piece of fishing line between the layers.

And for my next post on the 18th I'll show you how to make charm thumbtacks like I made to hold up to my banner, you can make your own to hold up all your artwork!

Use the code:  Two20 and get your own paper making goodies at the Arnold Grummer store!

Comments

  1. mannn love the banner... and you did this video right on time!! i did wonder how to create those charms. with a few AG paper casting molds anyone can get sarted right away!!! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, they are very easy to make and addicting too! You can't make just one!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful and thx for the wonderful step by step description

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful,love the little charms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are almost as wonderful as you are Donna!!

      Delete
  4. I loved seeing the process. The banner is really pretty neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miriam, and thank you for visiting and leaving me a comment!

      Delete
  5. I can bearly contain myself - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, the bear puns are everywhere and we still have 2 months to go....we will be unbearable!

      Delete
  6. I love that you started with hand made paper, you cut, stitched, painted ...so many techniques involved here. I always take away a learned lesson from your posts and this one does not disappoint. Thanks, Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooooooooooo much Tommy Jo for visiting me and leaving me some loving!!

      Delete
  7. This is such a cute banner! Love the charms.
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea of paper charms! And even using the AG molds with other mediums.
    Love and light,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michele, I love thinking outside the proverbial box! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage