Handmade papermaking is so much fun!! And Arnold Grummer make is easy, too. When I started my paper factory one nice sunny morning, everyone got involved—my son Seth, daughter-in-law Joanna, and my two year old grand-daughter Chloe. Even my husband Steve, who generally shuns my projects couldn't resist.
We made lots of paper—all from recycled junk mail. How cool is that to take something worthless and transform it into a beautiful handmade piece of paper. We tried lots of different types of inclusions, too. We even used torn pieces from a dictionary page as inclusions. Here are the pieces that I selected for this project. The plain one is for the inside cover of the booklet.
Here's a close-up of all those beautiful inclusions.
I used the Arnold Grummer 3"x3" Book Cover Template to trace the outline on the reverse side of my cover sheet so I could cut it out. I cut the cover liner 3"x 6 3/4". I glued the book boards in place using USArtQuest's PPA. Then, I folded and glued the cover flaps in place. Last to be glued in place was the inside cover liner.
I used the excess that I'd cut away from the cover sheet to made two rolled flowers. The third flower is made from scalloped circles from a dictionary page. I inked each circle, stacked them, and held them together with a brad. I rumpled and crushed the dictionary flower to give it dimensional. I used Zots glue dots to adhere the flowers. Drum roll, drum roll. Here's my finished booklet.
Be sure to check out my other projects on my Create & Craft blog.