ZIG Zaggin' to INSPIRE with Tamiko

Happy Wednesday folks!  Have you ever sat down and felt like you wanted to make something but you had no idea what?  The not knowing what isn't what stops you.  It's you!  Sometimes you really have to play and INSPIRE yourself.  My project today I had no idea what direction I was going, but it didn't stop me from looking at what I had in front of me and creating something gift worthy.  That gift can be to myself , friends and family or even a perfect stranger. Today's project is an accordion or zig zag book to INSPIRE.





I first grabbed a few pieces of handmade papers.  You too can create your own paper you can be proud of here, at the Arnold Grummer site.  On the site you will notice a plethora goodies, some in which I used today (smiles)

Supplies:
Arnold Grummer Heart Template
Scissors
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Chit Chat (word sticker book)
Donna Salazar Mixed Media Ink pads
rubber stamp

All I did use some paper from my stash, which is getting low by the way (smiles).  I created that stash by following the simple directions found here.  for creating handmade papers. I grabbed one of my square zig zag books which is also perfect for wallet size picture gifting.  I covered my front and back covers with handmade paper.  I cut them to size and adhered them to one side of the chipboard with Helmar glue.  I also inked the edges,  When I went to adhere my zig zag book to the covers, I realized I had made an oops!  I grabbed the wrong covers! (really chuckles)  I was ok with it, because the inked edges really framed the handmade paper and embellishment I made. So it worked out, even though it was NOT in the plan!  Remember, I had NO PLAN but to be INSPIRED and create.  Then I decided to make a heart shaped layered floral doo-whoppty-doo.  Yep, that's what I am calling it!  After going through my stash and using a handful of hearts I had already made using a template. I cut thin strips and made loopy petals and sandwiched them between the two differently sized hearts and a blob of glue.  I then took a little word from the sticker book, mounted on a scrap and cut to size.  I found the perfect word too, INSPIRE! I added more hearts and some stamped flowers on the pages within. That's leaving plenty of space for journaling or pictures.  Hope you like it, I sure do!

Another thing you can do to get inspired about paper making is to check out some the you tube videos on the Arnold Grummer Channel!  Don't forget to subscribe there and like the face book page here!

You have a little time left to get in on the discount over at the Arnold Grummer online store site.
Don't forget to use the discount below at checkout to save a awesome 20%!



Thanks for stopping by!


Comments

  1. Well, you need to increase that stash of handmade papers!! I wish we lived closer together so we could get together and have a paper making party!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did good with that project. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the heart doo wopty doo looks wonderful on the front. Awesome work with the papers looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage