Saturday, August 18, 2012

Picture Frames for Vintage Photos

One of my favorite things is vintage photos.  So when I came across two photos of my mother when she was a child I was head over heels and wanted to find the perfect way to display them.  This is what I did.


I started with two picture frame kits from Arnold Grummer.  These hold 3"x5" photos.



To cover the frames I used some hand made paper that I made with my medium pour mold.
I made the paper using tissue paper, rosebuds, silver dust, and blue angel wings.


The photo frame kit comes in 4 easy to assemble pieces.

To assemble the picture frame, first you glue the U shaped piece (this holds your photo) on to the backside of the front of your frame.


Then put your frame face down on your paper.  Adhere with glue.  A glue stick works great for this. Cut around the outside and cut out the center.


Then add your photo.


Then using a glue stick add the back to your frame and attatch the stand to the back.



 For this project I painted the back of one photo frame to match the paper on the front.  On the other I covered the back with a coordinating paper.



Here are my finished pieces.




Don't for get to check out Arnold Grummer's Blog for this and other exciting projects.

1 comment:

  1. Well don't these look awesome. With old pictures like that I would be afraid to put them in hand made frames. I think I would rather use metal picture frames to bring out the sepia colors in the photographs. Thanks for sharing your methods though!

    ReplyDelete