Butterfly Heart Card from Handmade Paper

Hello, everyone!

It's Nancy here with a new project share,
created with wonderful handmade paper!

* * * * *
My blizzard day stash is almost gone...so I'll have to make some new paper soon!
However, when I was looking through what I have left,
I came across this pretty purple piece just waiting to be finished!


Here's what I made:




Here's What I Used:

Materials Used:
Blender;
Stampendous - Butterfly Trio Die Set;
Inks: Archival Ink - Jet Black;
Distress Markers: Black Soot, Wilted Violet, Dusty Concord;
Water Brush;
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen
Black Micron Pen.

Here's How I did it:

1. I used this fun template to create this card, during my paper-making blitz.


 2. Then I pulled out this lovely Butterfly Trio Stamp and Die Set from Stampendous to decorate my card.



 3. I found a scrap circle of a contrasting handmade paper in white. I stamped the butterfly in Archival - Jet Black Ink.  


4. Once the ink was dry, I used the Distress Markers and a water brush to add color to the butterfly. I dried it with my heat tool.

5. I then went over the entire butterfly with the Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen. Set aside to dry. 


6. When dry, I adhered the butterfly body to the card, folding the wings upward, and positioning it at a slight angle. 

7. Using the micron pen, I added stitch marks around the outside edge of the card. I also added the two antenna. 



That's all there is to it. Here are some more pictures of this pretty card. The sparkle is so bright that it interferes with the photos.



The inside of the card is read for stamping or writing any sentiment. 



The butterfly is so pretty, and has such lovely detail.



This was a really fun card to create! I hope you'll consider making one of your own! 



See you again soon! :o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage