Celebration Card Using Handmade Paper



Hello, everyone!
It's Nancy here with a card I created with some handmade paper. I thought this paper turned out so fun and festive, that I just had to turn it into a special "CELEBRATE" card!


Materials Used:

Blender;
Packing Paper;
Red Crinkle Basket Filler;
Red Cardstock;
Ribbon: Offray - Red Satin;
Alphabet Dies: Little B - Block Out.


How I did it:

During a recent marathon day of paper-making, I made some plain pages using the packing paper that came in a parcel. I then experimented with adding some crinkled strips of basket filler. With one page I cut the filler up, and with one page I kept the filler in the original long pieces. Here are what all three pages look like:


Here's a photo of the red crinkled strips, so that you know just what I'm talking about:


For my card today, I am using the paper shown in the center of the photo. I'm also using just a small strip of the plain paper shown in the photo. 

1. The finished paper measures 81/2" x 5 1/2". I cut this paper in half using a rotary cutter. My regular trimmer would not have made a clean cut. I made a card base from red cardstock that measured 4 1/2" x 5 3/4", so that it framed the handmade paper nicely. I placed the fold along the 5 3/4" side, and adhered the handmade paper to the card base, with the cut edge at the top. The deckled edge looks so pretty against the red cardstock.


2. To add my word directly to the festive paper, the letters would disappear in all the streams of red. Instead, I adhered them to a strip of the plain handmade paper, matted that would red cardstock, and then adhered it to the card front on foam tape. The bold style of these letters also suite the weight of the paper very nicely. 


3. Finally, I added a double-looped bow to the top of the card.


Isn't it fun how some crinkly bits can turn plain packing paper into a piece of party infested handmade paper? I think it's wonderful fun!


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope this gave you some fun paper-making ideas!

See you again soon!

Nancy Nickel

Comments

  1. I LOVE your card and the crinkly paper strip inclusions, it does look fun and festive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Sandee! It was fun paper to make!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage