The Bucks Stop Here
© Michele Emerson-Robert 2016
Pretty “girlie” type cards are so easy to create, but I am often challenged to come up with cards for the men in my life. These two cards came together so easily and were quick to complete. I was able to create 6 of each card in about an hour (not counting creating the handmade paper).
· Any of the Arnold Grummer® paper making kits
· Blender, cello sponges and soft towels
· A sunny window
· Scraps of white and tan paper (think junk mail, etc.)
· SpellbindersTM Grand Calibur™ die cutting and embossing machine
· Westcott™ paper trimmer
· Beacon ZipDryTM adhesive, double sided foam tape
· Iron to make the paper smooth
· Stencils: The Crafters Workshop™ TCW 208s “Branches”, Crafter’s Companion™ SD-STEN-ITP “Trees”, Plaid Folk Art™ #30989 “Bucks”
· Iron (to make the paper smooth)
· Fine mist spray bottle and water
1. Follow the instructions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create white slurry and create medium weight handmade paper.
2. Allow the paper to dry.
3. Iron the paper to make it smooth.
4. Cut the handmade paper smaller than the card. Save the scraps.
5. Drop some watered down inks onto the paper. Mist with a tiny bit of water if needed.
6. Allow the ink to dry.
7. Use the Stylus™ to apply inks through the tree stencils.
8. When the ink is dry, use darker shades of tan to stencil the deer over the trees.
9. Allow the inks to dry.
10. Stamp the two sayings onto scraps of handmade paper.
11. Layer the stamped pieces onto scraps of Kraft colored card stock.
12. Score and fold the Kraft cardstock to create 5 x 7” cards.
13. Center and attach the stenciled pieces to the front of the cards.
14. Attach the stamped and layered pieces to the bottom areas of the cards.