I love these Origami Kimonos - I have used them on greeting cards for birthdays, anniversaries, thinking of you plus bookmarks and place cards at dinner parties.
Handmade paper 2 inches by 7 inches
Bone folder, scissors and ruler
The handmade paper I used - from a 5 by 7 inch screen - I cut off the lovely deckle edges since the Kimono looks better with straight edges and is enough for two Kimonos.
- Fold top 1/4 inch and fold over again - this is the start of the all important collar.
- The middle of the top - where you folded - is 1 inch and fold down from this mid point to make the collar.
3. Measure 2 1/4 inches from the top and fold back.
4. Measure 4 3/4 inches from the top and fold back again as in photo.
5. Fold sides up to collar areas, as pictured.
6. Tricky part! Fold top of each side to make a hood as pictured, helps if you put your finger inside the fold.