©Michele Emerson-Roberts 2014
Do you ever need a last minute Valentine gift for someone special? Your loved ones deserve the best, and for me that means something handmade with love! Keeping that in mind, I went to my handmade paper stash to create this fun gift box for my wonderful husband. I will fill the little box with “Kisses” candy and I will have the perfect gift!
- Any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits
- Blender, small strainer, cello sponges and soft towels, bone folder
- Beacon Quick Grip™ Adhesive, double sided tape
- Scraps of red and white paper (think colored junk mail, etc.)
- Die: Nellie’s Accordion Heart die
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur™ Machine
- Purchased small box
- Follow the direction for paper making found in any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits or books to make slurry from the white and red scraps.
- Create one sheet of white paper and one sheet of red paper. Allow the paper to dry. (NOTE: always save your scraps for future projects.)
Assemble the box and the hearts:
- Follow the direction provided with the heart die to die cut and create one each red and white hearts.
- Use the Beacon Quick Grip™ adhesive to attach the two hearts to the front of the box.
- Fill the box with “Kisses” and give to the one you love!
I liked the hearts so much that I made more of them and created a matching Valentine card that I will share with you next week.