P. S. ….. I Love You

©Michele Emerson-Roberts  2014

Do you ever need a last minute Valentine gift for someone special? Your loved ones deserve the best, and for me that means something handmade with love! Keeping that in mind, I went to my handmade paper stash to create this fun gift box for my wonderful husband. I will fill the little box with “Kisses” candy and I will have the perfect gift!


Supplies:

  • Any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits
  • Blender, small strainer, cello sponges and soft towels, bone folder
  • Beacon Quick Grip™ Adhesive, double sided tape
  • Scraps of red and white paper (think colored junk mail, etc.)
  • Die: Nellie’s Accordion Heart die
  • Spellbinders Grand Calibur™ Machine
  • Purchased small box
  
Instructions:

  1. Follow the direction for paper making found in any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits or books to make slurry from the white and red scraps.
  2. Create one sheet of white paper and one sheet of red paper. Allow the paper to dry. (NOTE: always save your scraps for future projects.)

Assemble the box and the hearts:

  1. Follow the direction provided with the heart die to die cut and create one each red and white hearts.
  2. Use the Beacon Quick Grip™ adhesive to attach the two hearts to the front of the box.
  3. Fill the box with “Kisses” and give to the one you love!

I liked the hearts so much that I made more of them and created a matching Valentine card that I will share with you next week.


Comments

  1. Oh wow.. now you know I will need to figure out how to ceate these in PURPLE!! This is so CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DId the die-cutter allow you to fold handmade paper into the accordion hearts? Usually hmp won't fold that tightly because fibers lay every which-way. In machine made paper fibers are 'jiggled' to all lay in one direction making behave better for folding. Interesting! Must try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, glad you all like the project. I went really fast since I purchased the box.
    Kim, I haven't had any problem with the folding....maybe because the paper is on the thin side.
    Miko, I have a friend who LOVES purple.....will have to make some of the hearts in purple for her.......
    Love and light,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage