Autumn Leaves Picture Frame


I love everything about Autumn. 
Autumn is my favorite season and if I could locate the land of eternal Autumn, I'd move there. I find the colors of Autumn beautiful and very comforting, and they show up all over my life. So naturally, I could hardly wait to start Autumn themed projects. 
Today's project uses an Arnold Grummer photo frame kit, and Autumn colored leaves made from handmade paper. Handmade paper has a wonderful texture and welcomes metallics and botanicals in the paper making process. The beauty and usefulness of handmade paper is only limited by your creativity.

Here's what you'll need to make the Autumn Leaves Picture Frame:
  • 4 sheets of 5 1/2 by 8 1/2 inch handmade paper
  • Arnold Grummer Photo Frame Kit
  • Elmer's glue/glue stick
  • Leaf or Autumn themed templates (cookie cutters work too)
  • Scissor
  • Pencil
Follow the directions on the Arnold Grummer Photo Frame Kit to cover and assemble the picture frame.

Then take the leaf templates and trace them on the wrong side of your sheets of handmade paper, then carefully cut the leaves out.


Now arrange the leaves attractively around the picture frame. This may take a few tries to get the look you want.

Once you are happy with the look of your frame you can glue the leaves to the picture frame. Leave it to dry over night. It wouldn't hurt to lay a piece of wax paper over the whole thing and then put a heavy book on top to add some pressure while the glue dries.

I have intentionally left the stand off the picture frame, and left the inside of the frame neutral, so you can see the face of the finished picture frame without distraction. 

Another great idea for an Autumn look would be apples, or pumpkins. I hope you liked this fun, and easy project and will try it out for yourself!



*Stay tuned for September 15th's blog post. One lucky reader will be able to win the project I make next Saturday in a special giveaway drawing! 

I enjoy interacting with my readers so feel free to leave comments or questions on my blog.
Be sure and share My Creative Mommy's blog posts with all your friends to help us grow, and please sign up as a member to follow my blog.

Visit us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/MyCreativeMommy and get regular updates by clicking the "Like" button while you're there.

Follow us on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/mycreativemommy

I want to offer many thanks to all my readers in 22 different countries - the United States, Canada, Germany, Australia, the United Kingdom, Russia, France, Malaysia, Italy, the Bahamas, the Philippines, Sweden, Egypt, Columbia, the Netherlands, Spain, the Sudan, Turkey, Mexico, Moldova, Denmark, and China!
It is both humbling, and exciting to know people are actually reading what I'm writing, and hopefully trying out a few of the projects.

My goal is to take the whole world on a creative journey, one project at a time! Thanks for coming along.

Many Blessings,

Jana : )

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. Handmade paper makes every project more fun!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful papers and they really say "Fall." I can see a dramatic black and white tree photograph in the lovely finished frame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! A black and white photo of a tree is a great idea.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage