Autumn Leaves Card


I hate to see the end of summer, but our weather here in Ohio is starting to feel like fall. So, I was inspired to create this autumn greeting card. I started with a blank card, handmade paper that I made using the Arnold Grummer Papermaking kit, and an embossing folder.

To get the deckled edge on the handmade paper, use water to paint a line on the paper, and then, gentle pull the paper apart along the water line. I steamed the handmade paper with my iron to make it a bit more flexible before embossing it.

I gathered the leaves from my yard. Do you believe that the trees are already dropping their leaves?? I coated each side of the leaves with Perfect Paper Adhesive from USArtQuest. This will ensure that they remain flexible, and won't crumble. I used tape runner adhesive to adhere the leaves as an embellishment on the card.

Here's my finished card.

Be sure to check out my other projects on my Create & Craft blog.

 
Carole

Comments

  1. Wow I love it! I really have to learn how to emboss. It's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! Love the embossing and the real leaves!

    Hugs,
    HL

    ReplyDelete
  3. The embossing works so well, especially in combination with the real leaves. I want to try your technique for getting a deckle edge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage