Halloween Is in the Air

I made this piece of black paper in the middle of the summer, and have been waiting, ever so patiently, to use it to make a Halloween card. Our hot, hot summer has given way to cooler temps. The crisp nippy nights make me think of Halloween.

Here's what I started with: the handmade paper I made using Arnold Grummer's Papermaking Kit and the embellishments—a tulle bow, a length of black jewelry chain, a couple jump rings, a pumpkin trinket, and three mini vintage tags.

Embellishments for Halloween card
I used my Score-Pal to score the handmade paper so it would fold neatly, and creased it gently with a bone folder. I punched a small hole in the corner of each of the vintage tags and put them on a jump ring along with the jewelry chain. I punched another hole at the top of the card and used the other jump ring to secure the other end of the chain to the card. 
Close-up of mini vintage tag booklet
I added the other embellishments and the word Halloween to the front of the card. I dusted the edges of the card and the lower edge of the Halloween sentiment with Terri Sproul's Gold Jewel Effects Mica Powder. Now I just have to wait until a little closer to Halloween to mail this off to a friend.

Finished Halloween card made using handmade paper
 Check out my other project on the Create & Craft blog.
Carole

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage