Today I am sharing my interest in recycling old envelopes from the cards I received over the Holidays. I have always been a saver of stuff, finding new uses for old things is a habit that I am proud of. In a way it is how I make a small contribution to living a greener life.
So from Christmas to Valentine's Day cards, here is my Love card:
Arnold Grummer Paper Making Kit
Arnold Grummer Folding Heart Template
Arnold Grummer Composition Silver Dust
Red coloured used envelopes
White coloured used envelopes
Scraps of red card
Gelato crayon in red from Faber Castell
Heart shape maker from Creative Memories
"Love" stamp from Sunshine Stamps Hugs, love and Misses ovals BMC0011
Black solvent ink StazOn by Tsukineko
Small scrap of black card stock to make arrow
Tacky glue Aleene's by Duncan
Link to video on how to make your own paper is here.
1. Following the Arnold Grummer Paper Making method as shown in the video I made one sheet of white paper with the white envelopes.
2. The process was repeated with red and some white papers, some silver dust and the Folding Heart template.
The smaller heart was coloured with the red crayon and some water.
4. Once dry, the sentiment was stamped on the red heart with ink and stamp.
5. A small black arrow was cut from a scrap of black card stock and snipped in the middle then adhered to the heart as shown in the picture. The red heart was glued to the white heart.
6. The folding heart card was easy to make and assemble simply by using the template into which the pulp was poured. When the paper was dry it was also easy to fold in the centre to make the card.
7. Finally, the small heart on heart embellishment was glued onto the front of the heart card.
I enjoyed finding a second use for those envelopes and making this card as well as a few more. I hope this inspires you to look at how else to recycle all those papers we get every day.
Thank you for checking out my post, and please stop by my blog: Annmakes (http://annmakes.blogspot.com) to see what else I craft.