Oh, Blarney!

This project is a small scrapbook page for my travel journal. My trip to Ireland in 2016 was my Trip of a Lifetime! There were definitely many shades of green to take in. My most coveted place to visit was the Blarney Castle, the grounds were breath-taking and yes, I kissed the Blarney Stone :o)

This project started with a very large batch of green handmade paper, I have lots of photos to scrapbook into memories.

Supplies:
Arnold Grummer Paper Making Kit
Arnold Grummer Cotton Linter 
Foliage background stamp (unknown), Green Ink-Ranger (Bottle), Brown Ink-Close to my Heart (Cocoa), Scrap brown paper, lime colored twine, photo, Computer printed title. 3 different sized circle punches.

Instructions:

1. Create your hand-made paper. I used scraps of many dark green card stock, scrap computer paper (white) and cotton linter. Trim background paper to project size (5.5 x 8.5")

2. Using a simple word processing program, create a title and print on to the background paper.

3. Adhere the photo.

4. Hand cut a plant pot shape from scrap brown bag colored paper. Also, cut a thin strip of the brown paper, approximately 1/4" x 4".  Ink with Cocoa brown. Glue into place on the background.

5. Stamp another sheet of green paper with dark green ink and punch out circles. Ink the edges of the circles. Glue the circles to the "stem" to create a topiary. Embellish the topiary with a light green bow of twine or jute.

Have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day celebration!
Becky


Comments

  1. That's a beautiful page, Becky! I love your pretty green paper! Fabulous photo too! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage