Gold Gilded Butterfly Tag from Handmade Paper

Hello, everyone!

It's Nancy here with a fun new project, created with some great handmade paper.
I'm using more of my handmade Sewing pattern paper today but I've fancied it up a little bit.
To this paper I added some of the gorgeous Gold Dust from the Arnold Grummer Store.
I also used a template to create the shape of the paper.
However, if you don't fold it, doesn't it make a great tag? 
Here's my project:


Materials Used:

Blender;
Sewing Pattern Tissue;
Gold Ribbon;
Gold Eyelet;
Sentiment - Paper Wishes - Gold Dazzles;
Nuvo Gilding Flakes - Gold;
Liquid Adhesive.

How I did it:


I started work on my tag before I remembered to take some photos for you.
I punched a hole in the top center of the tag, and inserted a gold eyelet.
I slipped a ribbon through, and tied a small bow around the ribbon.
The gold dust is such a beautiful addition to this paper!


Stampendous has gifted us with some wonderful dies to use.
I cut the butterfly out of a second piece of matching paper.
I applied liquid adhesive around the edges and added gold gilding flakes.


I then cut a narrow frame our of a similar color of cardstock.
I did this by inserting the circle die into the scalloped circle die, and running it through.
I added adhesive, and covered the entire frame with gilding flakes.


I adhered the frame to the center of the tag.
Then I folded up the butterfly wings, and adhered the body to the center of the circle frame.
To finish the tag off, I added a Dazzle sentiment that says:
"All endings are also beginnings".


 Here are several close-up photos:




Here's one final look at the finished tag:



Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you liked my gold gilded butterfly tag!
I'll be back with another project idea soon!

Nancy Nickel

Comments

  1. How pretty, I love the gold dust flakes you added to the brown paper, it makes it look perfect! Love the idea of using that template as a tag, way to think outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much, Sandee! I appreciate your kind words! :o)

      Delete
  2. Exquisit!!! I really must use the template to make some tags!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage