Fun Sewing Themed Card using Handmade Paper

Hello, everyone!
It's Nancy here with a fun new card, created with some great handmade paper.
Can you tell what I used to create my paper this time? Does my card theme give you a hint?


Materials Used:

Blender;
Sewing Pattern Tissue;
Black Cardstock;
Sewing Themed Stamps from Stampin' Up and Close to My Heart;
Memento - Tuxedo Black Ink;
Piercing Tool and Mat;
Sewing Needle;
DMC - Black Embroidery Floss;
Small Piece of Black Ribbon.

How I did it:
As you've probably guessed, I created my paper using sewing pattern tissue. It makes a wonderful handmade paper, with a completely different texture than the other papers I have made. It has a smoother finish, and a crisper texture. 


I used a metal ruler to tear the paper down to a rectangle, sized to fit inside an A2 size card front. It left a lovely soft edge. Then I ran it through my Big Shot to smooth it out.


Using some dies from the Stampendous - Build A Wreath Cutting Die Set, I cut a circle from my handmade paper, and a scalloped circle from black cardstock.


Using a piercing tool and mat, I pierced holes evenly around the handmade paper die-cut circle and the handmade paper rectangle.


I then hand-stitched a running stitch around each of these pieces, using two strands of black embroidery floss. 


I then adhered the circle to the black scalloped circle, and the rectangle to the black A2 card base. I did some stamping on the pieces, as shown in the photo. Then I adhered the circle/scallop to the center of the card using foam tape. 


As sewing is one of my favorite things, I had this punched sewing pattern flower in my stash. I punched out some black leaves to place behind it, and adhered it in place.


The texture of this paper is really wonderful for stamping! Look at the nice crisp images:


Finally, I added a small ribbon bow to the top of the circle/scallop piece. Then my card was finished!


Thanks so much for stopping in today! I hope you enjoyed my sewing themed handmade paper card!
I'll be back with another project idea soon!

Nancy Nickel

Comments

  1. LOVE your card and the hand stitching is such a great detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely project and my favorite colors too! Will have to make sets of these for some sewing/quilting friends.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage