© Michele Emerson-Robert 2016
These little books are such fun to create and give as gifts. I match the theme/subject with the person who will be receiving it and create the design on the cover with handmade paper or paper casting which makes it even better. Follow along to create this gift journal - more will follow in the future with different themes. They go together so quickly that you can make 10 or more at a time. I bet you can come up with a bunch of ideas too!
· Any of the Arnold Grummer® paper making kits
· Blender, strainer, cello sponges and soft towels
· A sunny window
· Scraps of tan paper (think brown paper bag/junk mail, etc.)
· Dies: Tonic Studios™
· Iron (to make the handmade paper smooth)
· Hand full of Natural colored wooden beads of various shapes and sizes
· Black heavy thread or thin cord
1. Follow the instructions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create tan slurry and create one or more sheets of heavy weight tan handmade paper. (I always make extra!)
2. Allow the paper to dry.
3. Iron the paper to make it smooth.
4. Die cut the sentiment and frame/lattice piece from the heavy weight handmade paper.
5. Attach the die cuts to the front of the book cover with the Tonic Craft Tacky glue.
6. Measure the circumference of the pen. Cut the black card stock long enough to hold the pen and glue the black piece to the back inside cover of the book. Place the pen in the holder.
7. Thread one piece of the cord/thread through the spine of the book. Tie and leave tales at the top.
8. Cut random length pieces of the cord/thread.
9. Insert the pieces of cord/thread into various sizes and shapes of wooden beads tying in between each bead. Vary the type of bead and distance between each bead.
10. Repeat this for as many “dangles as you want. ( I used 5 strings folded in approx.. half)