©Michele Emerson-Roberts 2016
Today’s project was an Easter gift for one of my wonderful neighbors. She follows my blog so I couldn’t post it until after Easter without ruining the surprise…. smile. Part of the gift will be a small easel on which to display the art. I like creating these small “art” pieces that can be changed out with the seasons or holidays. This project would also be beautiful on the front of a photo album.
· Any of the Arnold Grummer® paper making kits
· A sunny window
· Blender, strainer, cello sponges and soft towels
· Scraps of white paper (think junk mail, etc.)
· Mold: glass dessert plate (there are hundreds of “molds” available using common things)
· Beacon ZipDryTM adhesive, double sided foam tape
· Scraps of white card stock to die cut
· Die: Quiet Fire Designs™ “Faith”
· SpellbindersTM Grand Calibur™ die cutting and embossing machine
· Tonic Studios™ Nuvo Mousse™ # 804N Mother of Pearl
· Light peachy pink and pale green water base ink pad (match the peach color of the mat board)
· ½” flat synthetic paint brush
1. Follow the instructions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create white slurry and cast one or more of the flower/leaf castings.
2. Allow the casting to dry.
3. Use the brush to lightly apply the peachy pink ink to the flower petals.
4. Apply more ink toward the center of the flower as shading.
5. When the ink is dry, apply the Mother of Pearl Nuvo Mousse lightly to the flower petals.
6. Apply the green ink to the leaves, varying the amount of color.
7. Die cut 3-4 of the word “Faith”. Layer and glue them together.
8. Attach the Paper casting to the top center front of the mat board with double sided foam tape.
10. Place it on a small easel to display.