Folded Paper Pouch
©Anne Rita Taylor 2016
I made these pouches for each person in my writing group. With a list of words we used as prompts for writing an essay. After writing for 15 minutes, we would read to the group what we wrote - fun!
Blender, strainer, sponges, towels
Scissors, bone folder
24 inch ribbon
Rubber stamp for front of Pouch, see my Carving Images for Prints for carving instructionsJournal prompt words: Recognition, Honesty, Routine, Assertive, Productivity, Profound, Silence, Respect, Rebellious, Unique, Legendary, Expansive, Achievement, Harmony, Hope
- Follow instructions in the Arnold Grummer Paper Making Kit
- Cut handmade paper into an 8 inch square
- Fold into triangle using the bone folder; Open and fold into opposite side triangle
- Turn the paper over
- Fold in thirds again using the bone folder to measure: 2 & 5/8 inches
- Open and fold the other way into thirds again; the bone folder makes the creases sharper
- Open and collapse it together
- Fold in middle parts on opposite sides
- Push it together gently
- Punch hole in one end
- Tie knot on the inside
- Wrap ribbon around and loop through ribbon to tie another knot outside.
Makes a fun wrapper for a small gift too - a lovely way to use handmade paper!