Listen to the Whispers…….
©Michele Emerson-Roberts 2016
Valentines’ Day has come and gone but this card isn’t just for that holiday. It would be great as an any day reminder that someone is in your thoughts and is loved. Using some left over red handmade paper and one of the new Tonic dies made it so easy to create this card.....it almost created itself. I made 6 of the cards in less than 1 hour! I know the recipients will enjoy getting them as much as I enjoyed creating them.
· Any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits
· A sunny window
· Blender, strainer, cello sponges and soft towels
· Scraps of red paper (think junk mail, etc.)
· Envelopes to fit cards (or make your own with the AG envelope template)
· Medium gray card stock for cards (1 sheet will make two cards) and scraps to stamp on (or heavy weight gray handmade paper would be even better!)
· Die: Tonic GoldTM US 185E Patchwork Perfect Everyday Squares
· SpellbindersTM Grand Calibur die cutting & embossing machine
· Stamp: Impression Obsession D17012 “Listen…….”
· ColorBoxTM Chalk ink pad red (to match the red of the paper)
· Tonic GoldTM US Advantage V Blade trimmer
· Iron (if you want the handmade paper to be smooth)
· Beacon ZipDryTM adhesive
· Double sided foam tape or dots
1. Follow the instructions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create one or more sheets of heavy weight red paper. Create more sheets if you are going to make numerous cards….. one sheet will make 3 cards. (Remember to always save the” left overs” which can be used for tiny flowers or even put back into the scarps for your next paper making session.)
2. Cut and score the gray card stock to create 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" cards.
3. Place the die at an angle on the left side front of the card, run through the machine. (Save the tiny hearts that fall out for another project)
4. Place the die onto the other areas of the card front, and emboss the design.
5. Die cut the large heart and some of the tiny hearts from red handmade paper.
6. Cut the red handmade paper slightly smaller than the card front and attach it to the inside of the card front.
7. Stamp the saying "Listen to the whispers of your heart....they are telling you a story" with red Chalk ink onto a piece of gray cardstock.
8. Layer the saying onto a piece of red handmade paper.
9. Attach the layered saying to the right side of the card.
10. Glue some of the tiny red hearts various places on the card front.
11. Write a love note inside of the card and give it to someone you love.