Valentine Mini Zig Zag Book
©Anne Rita Taylor 2016
|Open Valentine Zig Zag Book|
I enjoy using accordions for greeting cards and was happy that Arnold Grummer sells Zig Zag books with six sides. When I fold my own accordions I fold eight sides, as I do below with the handmade paper accordion. Then I cut off two sides to use for another greeting card.
Blender, strainer, sponges, towels
Books are 3 1/2 by 15 inches; Covers are 2 3/4 by 3 3/4 inches
Two pieces of scrapbook paper to decorate covers, 3 1/2 by 4 1/2 inches each
Two photos, 1 inch to 2 inches square
Draw 2 inch heart out of pink paper and cut out
18 inch ribbon
Double sided tape
PVA glue & 1/2 inch glue brush
Arnold Grummer Standard Paper Press
|Closed Valentine Zig Zag Book - 2 3/4 by 3 3/4 inches|
- Follow instructions in the Arnold Grummer paper making kit.
- Attach handmade paper to form an 18 inch by 3 1/2 inch piece
- Fold the handmade paper into an accordion by first folding in half, then each half to the center, then the other sides folded up to make eight folds.
- Cut off the 1st and 2nd sides so now you have 6 sides which will make the tunnel in front of the Zig Zag book. Now you have a 3 1/2 by 11 inch piece of handmade paper.
- Fold the handmade paper in half, pencil an opening 3/4 inch by 2 inches long; cut along pencil lines, then unfold to check straightness
- Cut other sides as pictured; I cut diagonally to have a diamond shaped opening for photos
- Hold each opening of the handmade paper up to the Zig Zag book valley folds to determine where to place photos in the Arnold Grummer Mini Zig Zag Book.
- Tape or glue the photos into the valley folds; glue the heart into the center valley fold.
- Use double sided tape on the edge of the mountain folds - as shown - to hold handmade paper book in place. Use sparingly and tape one fold at a time.
- Finally, use double sided tape on handmade paper ends to stick handmade paper book to mini Zig Zag book.
- Use double sided tape in the middle of the ribbon on inside of the back cover to hold in place.
- Glue scrapbook paper to covers using PVA glue as shown.
- Use PVA glue on back of mini Zig Zag book ends to glue the book to the covers.
OPTIONAL: Place book in Standard Paper Press overnight
I have owned this Paper Press since 1998! It is a fixture in my studio. I use it to press all my books.