©Michele Emerson-Roberts 2014
I love the presentation of a gift as much as I love giving the gift! I had purchased a beautiful leaf broach for a dear friend who collects leaf jewelry and wanted to give her a great box to house the gift. Follow along to create a gift box of your own, changing the embellishment to reflect the gift inside.
- Any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits
- Blender, small strainer, cello sponges and soft towels, scissors, bone folder, ruler
- Beacon ZipDry™ Adhesive
- Scraps of peach and white paper (think colored junk mail, etc.)
- Leaf punch (or whatever shape you desire)
- 12” of 1/4'” peach sheer ribbon
- Peach liquid potpourri or body splash
- Follow the direction for paper making found in any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits or books to create one sheet each of light and medium colored peach paper. Add a few drops of scent to the slurry before pouring each sheet.
- When the paper is dry create a simple fold over pouch box with a pointed flap from the medium colored peach paper.
- Cut a triangular shaped flap liner from the light peach paper.
- Attach the light peach liner to the box flap with ZipDry™ adhesive.
- Punch (2 each) leaves from both colors of handmade peach paper.
- Tie a tiny bow at the box flap. Attach the leaves to the ends of the box.
- Place the gift into the box and watch for the smiles when it is presented.
And note - always save the scraps and extra pieces to use in creating future projects.