Today I am going to show you how to make a scented flower card…. my way… ;)
You will need:
- Bubbled paper - greyish tones - I used some gloss paper here in the paper making process… let the bubbles settle/pop before undoing the deckle this way the paper ends up with bubble/mottled look on the paper.
- Green gold flecked paper
- Pink paper
- Close to white paper - Mine was treated with 1/4 tsp of Gum - Arabic in the blending process
adheasive, lavender oil, sentiment stamp, scissors, heather flowersoft, stamp pads in light blue, mid blue, purple tones…. green, wire (green) or flowersoft wire (this is covered with paper so its easy to colour), atomiser
1. put several drops of the lavender oil in the atomiser and top with water.
2. spritz the Pink paper with the lavender atomiser and then lightly rub the ink pads all but the green on to it….
3. Cut 3, thick pencil type shapes out of the coloured paper about 1 1/4" wide and 3 1/4"
4. Now dry the paper shapes…. then put glue down one length and roll the paper into small thin tubes slightly wider at one end.
5. when dry cut small slits at an angle either side… don't cut all the way to the opposite side. And slightly twist.
6. Dot these weird shapes with glue and dip in the Heather FlowerSoft.
7. colour the wire green and glue to the flowers
8. tear a 5 1/2" x 2" strip of green gold flecked hand made paper
fold in half and then tear in strips down to the fold…. not all the way through.
9. take your bubbled homemade card stock and fold it in half
This makes the base of your card
10. Tear out a flag shape and stamp your sentiment on the near white Gum Arabic treated paper (I find that Gum Arabic really helps with a good surface for stamping on homemade paper)
Attach all elements to the card and you are done!
This month you can use the COUPON CODE: MOM20 and save 20% on your entire order, so head over to the website and place an order today so you can create some wonderful handmade papers for yourself or for gifts.