Blessings on Mother’s Day Card
©Michele Emerson-Roberts 2014
I am so lucky to still have my mom around. She has been ill for several years but continues to rally each time we think she will be leaving us. She has always loved roses and use to grow many different varieties. This card is created in her honor with the wish and prayer that she will still be with us when Mother’s Day arrives.
- Any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits
- Scraps of white and pale green paper (think junk mail, etc.)
- Molds: CP Nature Miniatures
- Microwave, heat gun or a sunny window
- Blender, small strainer, cello sponges and soft towels, paper cutter, scissors, bone folder
- Rose scented liquid potpourri
- White card stock 5 ½ x 8 ½”, and a scrap big enough for verbiage
- Light pink text weight paper (for layers)
- Stamp: Blessings (or your choice)
- ColorBox™ Med. Pink Chalk ink pad
- Dies: Stamp Doctor Center Step Card, Spellbinders Fancy Tags, CheeryLynn tiny leaf sprigs
- Rose embossing folder
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur™ Machine
- Embroidery needle, light pink variegated floss, light green variegated floss
- Beacon QuickGrab™ and ZipDry™ Adhesive, double sided foam tape or foam dots
- Envelope for a 4 ¼ x 5 ½” card
- Follow the direction for paper making and casting
found in any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits or books to create a
sheet of pale green paper.
- When the paper is dry, die cut numerous tiny leaf strips. (Remember to always save the scraps and the left over pieces to use for other projects in the future).
- Create white slurry, add a few drops of the Rose liquid potpourri.
- Cast the rose from the CP Nature Miniatures mold. (While you have the white slurry…..you may want to cast the other three shapes from the mold. I often do 10 to 30 casting at a time.)
- Dry the casting in the microwave, a sunny window or with a heat gun.
- When the casting is dry, coat the back of the casting with ZipDry™ adhesive.
- After the adhesive is dry, use the needle to poke holes around the petals of the rose, the stem, and the top and bottom of the leaves on the casting. (Do not place the holes too close together).
- Outline stitch around the rose petals with the pink variegated floss. Re-thread the needle with the light green variegated floss and outline stitch the stem and leaves on the casting.
- Stamp the verbiage on the white card stock scrap with the medium pink chalk ink.
- Die cut the verbiage with the fancy tag die.
- Cut the center step card, and use the bone folder to get crisp creases.
- Cut the light pink text paper layer pieces 1/8” smaller than the areas of the card. Emboss the light pink layer pieces with the rose folder.
Assemble the card:
- Use ZipDry™ adhesive to attach the layer pieces to the front of the step card.
- Use the foam tape or dots to attach the rose casting to the center area of the card and to attach the verbiage to the bottom center of the card.
- Attach the leaves to the side areas of the card and around the stamped tag shape.
- Add a message to the inside of the card and send it to your “mom”.