© Michele Emerson-Robert 2016
Roses and fairies are two of my favorite things, so combining them on this card was easy to do. This card will be for a niece who is having some “issues” about her looks; she is the “cute” one and thinks her older sister is the “beautiful” one. Perhaps the verbiage will hit home for her.
· Any of the Arnold Grummer® paper making kits
· Blender, cello sponges and soft towels
· A sunny window
· Scraps of off white, cream and light green paper (think junk mail, etc.)
· Scrap of off white card stock to die cut the fairy
· Westcott™ paper trimmer
· Beacon ZipDryTM adhesive, double sided foam tap
Stamp: Impression ObsessionTM
· Fine mist bottle, water
· Iron to make the paper smooth
1. Follow the instructions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create off-white slurry and create several sheets of medium weight handmade paper.
2. Repeat this step creating light weight cream colored handmade paper.
3. Repeat the process creating medium weight light green paper.
4. Allow the sheets of papers to dry.
5. Iron to make them smooth.
6. Cut the off-white background paper 4 ½ x 6”.
7. Mist the background piece with water and apply the blue, peach and green inks to the damp paper, creating a soft colored background.
8. When the paper is dry, stamp “The moment you accept yourself is the moment you become beautiful” on the left side of the background paper.
9. Die cut one fairy from the scrap of off-white cardstock.
10. Die cut lots of leaves from the light green paper.
11. Die cut lots of bitty blossoms from the cream handmade paper.
12. Follow the instructions to create the roses.
13. Attach the background paper to the card front (slightly to the left.)
14. Attach the elegant fairy to the lower right of the background with tiny pieces of foam tape.
15. Attach the leaves and roses to the top and right side of the card above the fairy.