How to make a Zig Zag book

Today I am going to be making a Zig Zag book with the 



I love to do Moon Rituals and I do 2 every month: New moon and full moon.
These rituals are for releasing negativity, increasing your abundance,
 and for making other positive changes in your life.
Rituals are a beautiful way to connect to your inner being throughout life. Afterall we are all interconnected – not only with each other, but also with nature. This includes the moon and its different phases. And don't worry, this isn't witchcraft ( although it is the month of  Halloween...bwahaha ). Just remember the key to trying any ritual is to show up with an open heart, an open mind and a willingness to be open to all possibilities.



The first step and a very important one is making some beautiful handmade papers to adorn the book. Prepare sheets of handmade paper using the pour method and follow the instructions for completing the sheets. Refer to this video LINK for the basics. 

Refer to this video for adding inclusions in your paper making.

My paper making ingredients for this project:

Instructions for making the Zig Zag book are also included with your kit
Here is the front and the back of the book before being assembled:

Before gluing the inside accordion pages to the outside covers is the perfect time to add a ribbon for closure which is entirely optional. 


Once the book was assembled I gathered up some of my solid papers that matched up with my newly formed sheets of paper to create a flower collage.

Making the flowers:



I also created 2 pockets: one for the New Moon and one for the Full Moon mantras.
They are glued onto the front and back inside panels.


Some close up shots of the front and back panels inside the book and what I typed on the inserts.
 left inside panel:
 right inside panel:


I used a scrap piece of my handmade paper to write down my intentions for the New Moon, things like goals and good things that I want to have happen. I tucked that into the pocket giving me freedom to add to it or make a new one, but it gives me a place to keep it handy.

If you are interested in doing a moon ritual you can check out this and stay wild moon child!

Rubbermoon Namaste stamp by Sandra Evertson


 Follow me on Pinterest 
and Instagram

       

Comments

  1. Sandee, I love to make paper...though it has been awhile. I have some dried flowers I like to add...
    Your blog is wonderful, BTW. Good instructions..great pictures. Glad you posted it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is so cute and your paper looks so yummy... even with Timothy Hay 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the paper you make. Your book looks fabulous. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave up making my own paper when I ended up doing that to the exclusion of actually making stuff with it! You did a beautiful job and the finished project is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes the joy of just making the paper is enough.......don't have to make anything with it....it is ART all by it's self.....smile.

      Delete
  5. Fabulous ritual (will have to do this) and love the project.....smile.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage