©Michele Emerson-Roberts 2016
My favorite nephew graduates this May with a double degree Geology and “land management”. He is following his dad’s and grandpa’s footsteps and going into the oil business. He will be working towards an MBA next! I wanted to make something special for his graduation, and since he’ll be taking a long trip, I think the little travel box will come in handy for him. Following Arnold’s philosophy of “repurpose, restyle, revamp, restore, renew and recycle is such fun!
- Some ivory heavy weight handmade paper left over pieces
- Tan chipboard (I used the back side of a cereal box)
- Black card stock for card base (4 ¼ x 5 ½ folded) scrap for layering, envelope
- Graphic 45 Topography papers for layering
- Recycled small rectangle black box (I used an eyeglass frame box)
- Dies: The PaperCut™ # PCDIE019 Triple Flag (Card Making set); #PCDIE020 Triple Flag Layering set; Joy Eiffel Tower #6002/0486; CheeryLynn #B360 Steampunk Hot Air Balloons
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur™ Die cut and embossing machine
- Westcott™ paper trimmer & scissors
- ColorBox™ Chalk Charcoal ink pad
- Various small travel word stamps
- Beacon ZipDryTM adhesive, double sided foam tape
- Iron if you want the ivory paper smooth
- Die cut the Eiffel Tower from the heavy weight ivory handmade paper.
- Die cut one each of the hot air balloons from the tan chip board.
- Die cut a layering panel from the newsprint cardstock with the Paper Cuts card die.
- Die cut layering flag pieces from black and ivory scraps. Layer and attach to the “flags”.
- Cut a G45 “numbers” scrap for the right side of the card.
- Cut a G45 “City names” piece for the front of the card.
- Stamp the travel words onto the ivory flag shapes.
- Stamp the words Safe Travels onto a small piece of tan chip board.
- Layer the “safe travels” stamped piece onto a black scrap, then a tan scrap.
- Cut a piece of tan chipboard to be a bit smaller than the box top.
- Cut a piece of black cardstock a bit smaller than the tan piece.
Assemble the card:
- Refer to photo for placement. Use ZipDry™ adhesive to attach the numbers piece to the right side of the card and the precut flagged newsprint piece to the left side of the card front.
- Attach the city manes piece to the left side of the card with small pieces of foam tape.
- Attach the Eiffel Tower to the lower center of the city names piece with tiny pieces of foam tape.
Assemble the box:
- Layer and attach the tan and black pieces to the box lid.
- Slightly overlap and attach the two hot air balloons to the top of the box.
- Attach the safe Travels layer piece to the lower right corner of the box lid.