©Michele Emerson-Roberts 2014
I have a close friend who is simply elegant in all that she does. Perhaps “classy” is a better word to describe her. I needed to create a special birthday card for her that would be elegant and classy. Her favorite colors are peach and burgundy. I hope you will like the card as much as she did.
- Any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits
- Mold: the bottom of a glass bowl (secretly barrowed from her china cabinet)
- Heat gun or a sunny window
- Blender, small strainer, cello sponges and soft towels, scissors, bone folder
- Beacon Quick Grip™ Adhesive, double sided foam tape or foam dots
- Scraps of peach and white paper (think colored junk mail, etc.)
- One 6 x12” Burgundy 90# card stock folded in half (I used World Win)
- Envelope for a 6 x 6” card
- Dies: Spellbinders™ Circles, CherryLynn Doily
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur™ Machine
- ColorBox™ Chalk Ink pads in Peach and Stylist handle with white foam tips
- Happy Birthday stamp
- 18” each of peach and burgundy 1” sheer ribbon
- Spray bottle and water
- Follow the direction for paper making and casting found in any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits or books to create one sheet each of light, medium and dark peach paper.
- When paper is dry cut the doily from the dark colored peach paper.
- Cut a large circle from the light peach paper (smaller than the doily).
- Turn the bowl bottom up, lay this circle onto the bottom of the bowl and mist heavy with water.
- Follow the directions for casting.
- Dry the casting with the heat tool or in a sunny window.
- When it is dry use the Stylist tool and foam tips to add a tiny amount of peach ink to bring out the texture of the casting.
- Stamp happy birthday onto the light peach paper.
- Use the small circle die to cut the sentiment.
- Cut a slightly larger circle from the medium colored peach paper.
Assemble the card:
- Attach the sentiment to the medium colored peach circle with Beacon Quick Grab™ adhesive.
- Attach this to the center of the casting with foam tape.
- Attach the casting to the doily with the adhesive.
- Attach the doily to the front of the card with foam tape.
- Tie a double bow with the ribbons.