Quotes Fan Book
©Michele Emerson-Roberts 2014
I always need “stocking stuffer” kinds of gifts… you know the ones that are really easy to create, don’t cost an arm and a leg to make, and can be made by the dozen, but look like they took a lot of work to make! Once again I turn to my stash of Arnold Grummer’s® products to solve the problem. The books can be used for thoughts, quotes, memories etc. You can make paper for the covers, use scraps left from other projects, or just scraps of patterned cardstock or paper. Follow along and see how easy it is to create this great
- Any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits
- A sunny window
- Blender, cello sponges and soft towels
- Personal paper cutter, scissors
- Beacon QuickGrab™ Adhesive, double sided foam tape or dots
- Scraps of black paper (think junk mail, left over cardstock scrap, etc.)
- One or more of AG #2718 Mini Fan Book
- Verbiage stamps and black ink pad or computer generated quotes or sayings
- Small scrap of chip board and tan/black print papers
- Dies: CL tiny leaf strip, IO tiny rolled roses, small frame
- Die cut machine: Spellbinders’ Grand Calibur
- Punches: 5 petal flower, stamen
- Follow the directions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create black slurry. Create a sheet of thick black paper.
- When the paper is dry, die cut the leaves and the frame.
- Die cut the tiny rolled roses from the tan/black print paper.
- Punch the 5 petal flower from the tan/black paper.
- Punch the stamens from the black paper.
- Remove the screw hinge and pages from the book.
- Stamp a saying onto the front cover.
- Attach the frame to the cover with double sided foam tape or dots.
- Stamp the saying onto the pages (or print out verbiage using your computer and printer, then cut and glue to the pages). NOTE: make sure the verbiage is all oriented the same (my book is portrait and has the hinge on the top left). If you are making several of these books, stamp or print all of the sayings at once. (I will often do many different related saying at a time and save them for later “Fan” book projects.)
- Reassemble the fan book.
- Attach the flower, roses and tiny leaves to the top left corner of the cover of the book.
These little books go together in a jiffy and can be any theme you chose and will be treasured by all who receive them.