Recently a friend gave me several large boxes of wallpaper samples. I was in the process of sorting the samples when I remembered that I still needed some Thanksgiving cards and had just come across the perfect piece of scrap wall paper! I had enough of the wallpaper border left to also create a great birthday card.
- Any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits
- A sunny window
- Blender, cello sponges and soft towels
- Personal paper cutter, scissors
- Beacon ZipDry™ Adhesive, foam tape or foam dots
- Scraps of white, tan and brown paper (think junk mail, etc.)
- Dies: Spellbinders™ acorns
Sizziix™ Tim Holtz leaves and matching embossing folder
CheeryLynn™ words “Happy Birthday”
- Spellbinders™ Grand Calibur™ Machine
- Several pieces of wallpaper border
- Scrap of autumn toned paper
- ColorBox™ dark brown ink pad
- Large “Thanksgiving” word stamp (or computer generate it)
- A2 envelopes (or make matching envelopes using the AG envelope template)
- Follow the directions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create several sheets of medium brown heavy weight paper and one sheet of ivory paper.
- When the sheets of paper are dry, cut one piece of the medium brown paper in half (8 ½” x 5 ½”).
- Score at 4 ¼” and fold in half to create two cards.
- Die cut the Happy Birthday and the large oval from the second sheet of medium brown paper. (Save the scraps for another project.)
- Die cut the acorns from the scrap of autumn paper.
- Stamp the word “Thanksgiving” onto the scrap of autumn paper.
- Die cut the stamped piece of autumn toned paper with a smaller oval die.
- Die cut three leaves from the ivory paper and emboss with the leaf embossing folder.
- Cut the wallpaper border to fit the front of the folded cards.
Assemble the cards:
Attach the wallpaper to the fronts of the cards with Beacon ZipDry™ adhesive.
- Attach the large tan oval centered to the front of one of the cards with foam tape or dots.
- Layer the stamped oval and foam tape to the tan oval.
- Add the acorns to the left side of the stamped saying with foam tape or dots.
“Happy Birthday” card:
- Attach the three embossed leaves to the left top of the card with foam tape or dots.
- Attach the “Happy Birthday” die cut with ZipDry™ adhesive.