©Michele Emerson-Roberts 2014
The "By the Sea" gift bag filled with Salt Water Taffy was a great success. My mom has been ill for almost a year and has spent more days in the hospital and nursing home than at home with my dad. Creating small gifts to brighten her day is a pleasure. My sister was present when I gave mom her bag of taffy and this matted sand dollar. What a wonderful afternoon of sharing those memories of our times at the beach.
- Any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits
- Mold: CPSand Dollar
- Microwave, heat gun or a sunny window
- Blender, small strainer, cello sponges and soft towels, scissors
- QuickGrab™ Adhesive, double sided tape
- Scraps of white paper (think junk mail, etc.)
- Light blue 6 x 6” mat board (with backing) with a 2 ¾”- 3” opening
- Embossing folder with words
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur™ Machine
- ColorBox™ Chalk Ink pad in Lavender Blue and Stylist handle with white foam tips
- ColorBox™ Metallic Gold Ink pad and Metallic Gold embossing powder
- Emboss the front of the mat with the folder.
- Edge the outside and opening of the mat with metallic gold ink.
- Sprinkle with gold embossing powder and heat with the heat tool.
- Follow the direction for paper making and casting found in any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits or books to caste the sand dollar.
- Dry in the microwave, with the heat tool or in a sunny window.
- When the casting is dry use the Stylist and foam tips to add a small amount of Lavender Blue Chalk ink to bring out the texture and design of the sand dollar casting.
- Line up the casting in the opening of the mat and attach it to the backing with QuickGrab™ adhesive.
- Use double sided tape to attach the mat to the backing.