Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Easter diorama

Easter is fast approaching (and hopefully the snow is finally beginning to melt away) so it's time to start thinking springy thoughts to chase away the winter blues!
 I really enjoy making dioramas so this year I made one to hang up on my wall.  
"A diorama is a scene, often in miniature, reproduced in three dimension by placing objects, figures, etc., in front of a painted background." - Dictionary.com
However, mine is against a decoupaged napkin that I adhered into my bowl with Helmars Decoupage & Craft Paste. ( using artistic license perhaps? )

I love my little butterfly that I made from a sheet of my handmade paper with an origami fold.
 This butterfly is made from a ½ sheet that comes out of the small handmold. I did find that the thinner the paper, the easier it was to fold it so keep that in mind when preparing your pulp to make your paper. ( Please visit here to find the steps and supplies to make your own paper using the Arnold Grummer Papermill kits. )

 I will have a video on March 18th showing how I created the bowl. You can visit here to see me making a papercast charm pushpin which uses much the same techniques that I used with the bunny. Today I made a video showing how to make the origami butterfly along with some still shots of me making the Easter diorama.

Thank you for visiting!


22 comments:

  1. I love this diorama, so cute and so many details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I loved your step by steps!! I'm loving the bunny and the whole how to process!!
    Loves Madge

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH!! I never would have guessed that a 'corn cob' would make such an adorable diorama! Might have to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, I would love to see yours when you make one!

      Delete
  4. Very cute, Sandee. Reminds me of all those chocolate bunnies I got as a kid that were soooo yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love chocolate Easter bunnies!! Always ate the ears first! lol

      Delete
  5. This is a really cut idea for Easter, It should be a Chocolate Bunny I know how you like the Chocolate...Lol I also love the chocolate bunny and the ears were also my first bite.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great video you had with this so many little tips and I so love how you take us through making the butterfly..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to seeing if you make a butterfly! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. So yummy with all it's textures and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable idea, so creative and I LOVE all the small details you put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE THAT BOWL!!!! The rest is awesome and loved the video, but I liked the bowl right from the start.

    ReplyDelete