©Michele Emerson-Roberts 2014
I am always looking for easy and elegant favor/gift boxes to slip a tiny gift or trinket into. I like to make up several at a time to have on hand. This is one of the easiest boxes ever created and can be made in any combination of colors and themes using the wonderful selection of the Arnold Grummer casting molds.
- Any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits
- Molds: CP Starfish
- Microwave, heat gun or a sunny window
- Blender, small strainer, cello sponges and soft towels, paper cutter, scissors, bone folder, ruler
- QuickGrab™ Adhesive and double sided foam tape or foam dots
- Scraps of peach/pink and white paper (think colored junk mail, etc.)
- Tiny amount of Gold glitter
- 12 “each of 1” sheer Burgundy
ribbon and tulle
- Follow the direction for paper making and casting found in any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits or books to create a sheet of light peach/pink paper.
- When the paper is dry, create a simple 2 x 2 x 2” box.
- Make white slurry, add a tiny amount of gold glitter to the slurry and cast the starfish.
- Dry in the microwave, with the heat tool or place in a sunny window.
Assemble the box:
- Attach the castings to the top of the box lid with QuickGrab™ adhesive.
- Tie the double bow around the box.
- Place a tiny gift in the box or a small wedding or anniversary favor.