Rose Casting Card

Hello, everyone!

It's Nancy back today, with one final 2019 project to share!   

I just had to make another card using my stash of paper casting pieces!

Here's my card for today:


Although I'm using a casting stamp provided to me by Rycraft,
Arnold Grummer has some really beautiful designs. 
You can find all their Casting Molds HERE.

* * * * * 

Materials Used in My Project:

Arnold Grummer - White Cotton Linter;
Arnold Grummer - Iridescent Flakes;
Blender;
Rycraft Paper Casting Stamp - Rose;
Chalk: Unknown - Pink and Green;
Papers: DCWV Shimmer Cardstock - Pink;
Doily: From My Stash;
Ribbon: Celebrate It;
Marker: Spectrum Noir - Clear Sparkle.

* * * * *
Just as a reminder...here's how I did my casting:
 The one 8 oz bag of Cotton Linter was enough to make all of these pieces. I simply added a handful of Linter to the blender with some water, and blended. I wanted my Rose casting to have some sparkle in it, so I also added some of the Iridescent Flakes to the blender before blending. After pouring it through a strainer, I added the wet pulp into the casting stamps. Then it was just a matter of using a sponge and towel to remove all the water. I popped the shapes out of the stamps, and allowed them to air dry. You can find complete casting instructions at the Arnold Grummer Resource Page.


I wanted my Rose to have some color but I wanted to keep it soft and pretty.
I decided that chalks would give me the desired effect.
I used two shades of pink, and two shades of green.
After coloring it, I adhered it to a pink cardstock circle.
I then used foam take to mount it to my A2 tent-fold card base,
with a pretty white paper doily adhered in between.


Here you can see the pretty sparkle from the Iridescent Flakes.
I wanted just a little bit more shimmer,
so I went ever the Rose with my clear Shimmer Marker.


Finally, I added a pretty double looped bow to the top of the card:


I hope you enjoyed seeing another paper casting card!
This beautiful Rose design would be perfect for so many occasions!
As you can see from the stash I made,
I've got lots more projects to come!


* * * * *
 I hope you've all enjoyed a beautiful Christmas Season,
may you all have a New Year full of blessings! 
Nancy :o)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage