Pretty in Pink Thank You Card
I've been a very good girl this year, so I'm anticipating lots of goodies from Santa. So, in preparation I've made this Pretty in Pink thank you card using papers that I made following these basic instructions.
Here's how I created this card:
- Sponge Vintage Photo and Barn Door distress inks on the front of a blank card.
- Cut a piece of old sheet music with deckle-edge scissors about 1/2" shorter and narrower than your card. This piece was already aged, but if you're using a new piece you can give it an aged look by lightly sponging with Vintage Photo distress ink.
- Deckle the edges of your handmade by painting a line of water where you want the edges of the paper to be. Gently pull the paper apart along the water line.
- Cut your handmade paper with your selected die. I used the bubbles from Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Collection. This is a small die, so I cut it twice.
- Emboss your handmade, die cut paper. I used a thank you sentiment.
- Mount the handmade paper to the piece of music using liquid adhesive, then mount these to the front of the card.
- Embellish as desired. I gathered a length on tulle to make a half rosette, mounted this in place with double sided adhesive tape, and glued a tiny rose in the center.