Hummingbird on Canvas

Hi all, I am so excited to share my 2nd project with all of you.

This one is done on a canvas using paper pulp. I first found junk mail and blended the paper to smithereens then poured the slurry into different containters to add color to them using the ones I knew I would need. I first covered the whole canvas with black slurry, even the sides and let that dry. Then started on my hummingbird as you can see below.
 Here is a close up of the hummingbird. I didn't flatten it because I wanted the texture of the slurry.

After filling in my hummingbird, I sprinkled glitter on top, you can just barely see it, the photo doesn't show it too well.

I then started making the flower that the hummingbird is getting his necter from.

I also added leaves and again did not press on the paper so I could have that texture I was looking for.

Here is a picture of the flowers pretty much completed.
And a close up of it...

I then added some flowers I had on hand from my stash to add to the top left and bottom right corners.


And she is done! I am going to Nebraska for my sister in laws 60 surprise birthday party and I am going to give this to her as a gift. She loves hummingbirds. I had so much fun making this, I wanted to just keep going but knew it would be too crowded if I kept adding lol. I hope she likes it.

Everything you need to make your own slurry from junk mail and make your own paper (which I am working on now) you can get from Arnold Grummer's Paper making shop.

Thanks for stopping by and if you would love to try this and make your own paper, I would love to see it.

Comments

  1. How cool! I am sure your sister will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful Donna, I am sure your sister will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, Sandee is such a influencer! First we see her doing it.. now we all wanna try! This is an awesome project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful canvas that your sister in law is going to love! I love the colors. They look so vivid here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful canvas that your sister in law is going to love! I love the colors. They look so vivid here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage