Three Really Quick Cards
©Michele Emerson-Roberts 2015
WOW! Easter sure snuck up on me this year, and along with two friends’ birthdays that I didn’t have listed on my calendar, I have run out of time!. Thanks to Arnold Grummer’s wonderful paper casting molds and extra castings that I always make when I have the supplies out - not to worry! I was able to complete the three cards in a jiffy.
- Any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits
- Molds: R192 Song bird, 412 Rosebud and Celtic Cross (available from AG)
- A sunny window or traditional oven
- Blender, small strainer, cello sponges and soft towels
- Scraps of white or ivory paper (think junk mail, etc.)
- Scraps of light colored handmade paper or scraps of card stock (for die cutting the words)
- Dies: 3 different Doilies, Happy Birthday, and Quietfire Designs™ “Believe”
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur™ Machine
- Westcott™ paper trimmer
- Scor-Pal™ (LOVE the new 1/8th version!)
- Three center step cards created with G45™ cardstock
- Envelopes to fit cards
- Powdered eye shadow or chalks and applicators (small stiff brushes work best)
- Beacon QuickGrip™ and ZipDry™ adhesive, double sided foam tape or dots
- Follow the direction for paper making and casting found in any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits or books to make slurry from the white scraps.
- Cast one (or more) of the three molds
- Dry the castings in a traditional oven or place in a sunny window.
- Create several sheets of handmade paper.
- When the paper is dry die cut the three different doilies. Remember to always save the scraps.
- Die cut the verbiage from scraps of handmade paper or scraps of card stock.
- Create three center step cards from the G45 card stock.
- Refer to the photos for coloring, then color the castings with the eye shadow or chalks.
Assemble the cards:
- Attach the castings to the middle of the doilies with QuickGrip™ adhesive or double sided foam tape or dots.
- Attach the doilies to the center top of the step cards with QuickGrip™ adhesive.
- Attach the verbiage with ZipDry™ adhesive.
- Add your message to the inside of the card.
- Hand deliver or mail in a padded envelope.