©Michele Emerson-Roberts 2015
Christmas is a magical time of year; favorite stories, poems, movies and TV shows often come to mind. Think back to your childhood memories and create card using one of those memories as the theme.
· Any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits
· A sunny window
· Blender, strainer, cello sponges and soft towels
· Scraps of off white, tan & brown paper (think junk mail, etc.)
· Beacon ZipDryTM and QuickGrip™ Adhesive, double sided foam tape
· Envelopes to fit cards
· Dies: Tonic Gold USTM Rocco Regal Reindeer 1018E
· SpellbindersTM Grand Calibur die cutting machine
· Stamp: Christmas sentiment stamp (unknown manufacturer)
· ColorBoxTM Chalk Dark Brown Ink pad, Stylus handle & white tips
· Approx. 18 “of tiny holly garland
1. Follow the instructions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create one or more sheets of heavy weight ivory colored paper. (Create more sheets if you are going to make numerous cards…..one sheet will make 2 cards.)
2. When the paper is dry, iron it to make it smooth.
3. Cut it to make two pieces 5 ½ x 8 ½”.
4. Create a 4 ¼ x 5 ½” left side step card.
5. Make batch of tan/brown slurry and create one or more sheets of heavy weight paper (think card stock weight).
6. When the brown paper is dry, iron it to make it smooth.
7. Die cut six of the reindeer for each card.
8. Glue 3 sets of reindeer together.
9. Use the Stylus™ handle and white tip to shade the antlers and bodies of the reindeer.
10. Stamp the Christmas sentiment onto a scrap of the ivory handmade paper.
Assemble the card:
1. Layer the stamped sentiment to a slightly larger piece of brown handmade paper with tiny pieces of foam between each layer.
2. Attach the layered piece to the left side of the card.
3. Attach small pieces of the holly garland around the reindeers’ necks and down the sides of the stamped sentiment with QuickGrip™.
4. Attach the three reindeer to the side steps of the card with ZipDry™ adhesive.
Add a hand written message inside the card. Hand deliver or mail in a padded envelope.