Next week Let's Remember all the men and women who have fought , and fight for our freedom. This is my very small gesture to show my appreciation. It is a small mixed media canvas with the Poem In Flander's Field with a paper poppy.
This project is being shared on the Arnold Grummer Paper Making Blog and on my blog at : http//annmakes.blogspot.com, here.
The instructions :
1. Using a handmade sheet of red paper (made per the Arnold
Grummer method of paper making). Make a template of a petal from any paper or cardboard.
2. Trace the petal about seven times, and cut out.
3. Fold each petal and glue to a small circle like shape that you cut out from some scrap of paper.
4. Create the centre by making two small green hearts. Overlap and glue them.
5.Make the stamens with a black coloured piece of handmade paper. Fringe the strip, roll it and glue to the centre of the poppy.
6.Paint a small canvas with acrylic paint, let dry.
7. While waiting for the paint to dry print out a copy of the poem. Tear the paper and ink it to age the paper.
8.Stamp some poppies with ink onto the painted canvas, let dry.
9.Glue the poppy and poem to the canvas.
I hope that you are inspired to make your own canvas and to remember our veterans.
Thank you for stopping by.
Handmade paper in red, green , and black
Canvas (my own)
Dye Ink in Tea Dye (Ranger)
Stamps (my own)
Paint in Buttermilk (DecoArt)