It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

Yes my friends - it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas! But, don't worry - today I have a fun craft for you and your family! I am going to tie a craft in with reading a book. 

Do you remember the story of the Gingerbread Man? My children loved this book. 



And, we would often make Gingerbread cookies but today we are going to do something a little different. 

After you read the book, make a brown piece of paper out of recycled brown lunch bags, grocery bags, etc. 
Draw or trace a gingerbread man. I used a cookie cutter.  Cut out two shapes.  
                             Carefully punch holes all around the shape. Begin lacing with White Paper Raffia.

                             Before it is  totally sewn shut, fill with Poly fil, cotton or even tissue paper.
                                    Add trim such a ric rac, a scarf, eyes and buttons.

Now you have a new ornament for your tree! 
You could make these in other shapes and colors as well such as stars, hearts, candy canes, etc. 
Supplies:

And THANK YOU to the Ribbon Resource for the trims I used
I hope this inspires you to gather the family and have some fun!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage