©Michele Emerson-Roberts 2015
What fun! Think of all the themes/subjects that are at your finger tips! One more way of re-purposing items that would go into the trash and make beautiful art too! What a wonderful gift this would make!
- Any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits
- A sunny window
- Blender, cello sponges and soft towels
- Scraps of beige, tan, ivory paper (think junk mail, etc.)
- Magazine page of your choice with torn edges
- Beacon ZipDry™ Adhesive
- Matt board
- Optional: glass and frame with room for spacers – or perhaps a tabletop easel
- Follow the directions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create light tan slurry.
- Create a sheet of heavy weight paper.
- Remove most of the water from the paper.
- While the sheet of paper is still damp, lay the magazine page onto the damp paper.
- Remove the rest of the water from the paper. The page is now embedded into the sheet of handmade paper.
- When the sheet of handmade paper is dry, tear the edges and mount it onto the matt board with ZipDry™ adhesive leaving a border.
- If you’re framing yours, make sure the glass is clean before placing it into the frame. Then attach spacers to the glass/frame, then place the art work into the frame.