©Michele Emerson-Roberts 2014
Fall is in the air! It is a perfect time for me to start on the many “Fall” projects I have planned to do. This piece is one of my favorites and will make a perfect gift for a dear friend who loves Fall as much as I do.
- Any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits
- A sunny window
- Blender, cello sponges and soft towels
- Scraps of beige, tan, ivory paper (think junk mail, etc.)
- Dried/pressed oak leaves on a stem (I used the AG flower press)
- Tiny bit of dried spices (I used nutmeg)
- SpellbindersTM Grand Calibur machine
- Die: Quiet FireTM/Elizabeth Crafts Designs™ “Believe”
- Scraps of Kraft colored heavy weight handmade paper or card stock for the die cut word
- Beacon ZipDry™ Adhesive, double sided foam tape
- Matt board
- Follow the directions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create light tan slurry.
- Create a sheet of paper, and while the paper is still a bit wet, lay the leaf stem onto the wet paper.
- Continue removing the water from the paper. Sprinkle the spice onto the damp paper.
- When the paper is dry mount it onto the matt board with ZipDry™ adhesive.
- Die cut “Believe”.
- Attach the word to the bottom left corner of the handmade paper with tiny pieces of foam tape.
The finished pierce can be framed in a shadowbox-style frame, or displayed on an easel.