Thankful Memories




SCRAPBOOKING THANKFUL MEMORIES

It's the memories we are most thankful for... I've enjoyed scrapbooking for many years. This is a 12x12 scrapbook page of a previous Thanksgiving Dinner. (apologies for the very large candle on the table, made for a bad photo :o)

Paper piecing is so fun and it uses up lots of scraps.  Although, when I make a batch of pulp for a specific project, I always have extra to play around with. Many batches offer extra full sheets in addition to casting a few shapes in molds. Make sure you have all the supplies for paper casting to add to pulp to help achieve the best success. Some of my scraps below include additives, botanicals and metalic elements. 

SUPPLIES:

Markers, mold for leaf shapes (Makins Clay) acrylic paint, dye ink pads, 13" ribbon, adhesive, cutting tools, tiny twigs, PC and font. 

DIRECTIONS:
1. (This is your 12x12" background) Cut one page from the DIY Spiral book to 10"x12".  Cut one 2" x 12" and one 1" x 12" strip from another page.  Place the 2" strip next to the 10" x 12" to make 12x12". Use the 1" strip and adhesive on the back side to attach the two pieces. 

2. Using any simple word processing program on your PC, create a title in the font of your choice. 
Adjust page settings to the size of your project for correct placement, print directly onto the 12x12 background (If your printer can't print 12", use a standard 8 1/2" x 11" sheet then add extra pieces to make it 12x12" if desired.)  The font I used is called "External Call" (250pt) , which can be found at freefonts.com, or use the image I've provided. Decorate your title by adding color with markers. 
3. Adhere decorative ribbon over the seam in the background paper.  Fold ribbon over each end 1/2".  Sticky tape is the best adhesive for this, as it's not liquid and won't seep through fabric ribbon. 

4.  Use scraps or sheets of hand made paper to cut out all pieces of the paper piecing pattern. Enhance the cut outs with markers, inks and acrylic paints. Glue and assemble the pieces, adhere to the background and accent with twigs and dimensional paper cast leaves painted with acrylic paint. 


I found a vintage embroidery pattern online that I liked, but you can notice I was very liberal in my execution. I moved elements around, added twigs, omitted the cherries, and added paper cast foliage. 
 5. Place your favorite photo beneath the title.  I cut around the long tail of the "F" to slide the photo under it.  Also, I only used adhesive on the top and bottom edges of the photo, so I can slip a tag behind there with the year and any other details I want to add.


Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
Craft on,
Becky












FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM                                                      FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage